focus behavior slow?

Tim Howe tim at nmedia.net
Sun Jan 11 00:17:41 EST 2004

Using the following setting which I believe are default:

<focus>
  <focusNew>yes</focusNew>
  <followMouse>yes</followMouse>
  <focusDelay>0</focusDelay>
  <raiseOnFocus>no</raiseOnFocus>
</focus>

Often as my mouse moves from one window to the next, especially with overlapping windows, that the focus appears to not be able to keep up with my mouse.  I'll make it to the window I was heading for, but the focus was one step behind and is still on the last window.  Sometimes when this happens, I'll move back out of the windows which will confuse it further, and the focus will go to the windows that I am leaving!  It seems like whatever controls the focus follow mouse is not fast enough or something...

--TimH