[openbox] "make" problem compiling openbox 3.1:libobrender_la-font.lo

Roberto Nicolini roberto_nicolini at web.de
Wed Feb 18 10:44:07 EST 2004

> Install Xft 2 and its dependancies. This includes FontConfig, which looks
> to be missing.
From "apt-cache search xft 2" the only packages which may seem relevant
(libpango-common, libpango1.0, -common, -dev) are actually installed, and I
installed FontConfig 2.2 from sources before trying and compiling openbox.

Actually, at the first attempt, ./configure claimed not finding xft.pc, and I
worked it around by creating in /usr/lib/pkgconfig a symlink xft.pc to
pangoxft.pc. The result was that the ./configure phase could work (seeminlgy)
smoothly.
Can there be some incompatibility between the Xft version on my system and the
one required to compile openbox? And, in this case, can I update Xft without
breaking other dependancies?

Thanks a lot!

Roberto