[openbox] That lower-but-don't-focus-window-underneath little thingy

Mikael Magnusson mangosoft at comhem.se
Tue Dec 14 21:43:57 EST 2004

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004, John Russell wrote:

> On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 01:05:45 +0200, yourself <sl4rtyb4rtf4st_2 at yahoo.gr> wrote:
>> Hi all!
>>
>> The reason I'm writing this is because of that
>> lower-but-don't-focus-window-underneath "feature", that is really
>> getting on my nerves.
>
> If you use focus follows mouse, the window that is on top (and under
> the mouse) after you middle click on a title bar to lower a window
> will be focused.  I just switched to focus follows mouse a few days
> ago and its really growing on me.

What he means is that if the mouse cursor happens to be both over window B
and window A with window A in focus and you lower A with keyboard
bindings, the focus doesn't switch to B. ie

------         ------
|   B|         |   B|
A has focus,   A still has focus

This is how it should be since the location of the mouse cursor is at a
random position when you use the keyboard to navigate.

--
Mikael Magnusson