that damn debian xlibs bug!

Louis-David Mitterrand vindex at apartia.org
Sun Dec 12 05:32:02 EST 2004

Hi,

Starting with version 4.3.0.dfsg.1-5 of debian xlibs, openbox overlay
panels are broken: switching desktops of alt-tab'ing keeps the transient
panel focused and in the forground until ENTER is pressed.

This seems to be a debian bug, as several xfree changelogs referred to
that bug as fixed. However we are now at version 4.3.0.dfsg.1-9 and
nothing has changed. I have to peg xlibs at version 4.3.0.dfsg.1-4 to
keep my openbox functional.

Additionnaly the debian BTS seems to no longer carry that bug, even in
the "resolved" list.

Is someone aware of the situation? Is there a workaround for that bug?
Should I re-open it in the BTS?

Thanks,