wmsetbg alternative

David Courtney blixel at gmail.com
Sat Dec 11 06:31:16 EST 2004

I've been trying to get onto the OpenBox website for the last several
hours so I could look this up on the FAQ or docs, but I've been
getting this error all night.

Fatal error: input in flex scanner failed in
/webspace/projects/openbox/news.php on line 1

I had been using wmsetbg to set my background image because it sets
whatever state is necessary for programs like gdeskcal and gkrellm to
appear properly with regards to the Desktop background.  (Transparency
or whatever.)

However, wmsetbg was part of Window Maker ... which I didn't remember
until after I did an "emerge unmerge" on it since I didn't want Window
Maker around any more.  I hate to re-install Window Maker just for
wmsetbg - so my question is, is there a stand alone alternative to
wmsetbg that sets the root display properly?  Preferably one I can get
via Gentoo portage.