[openbox] 3.2 on cygwin

Kevin Van Workum vanw at usna.edu
Thu Dec 9 09:33:31 EST 2004

Kevin Van Workum wrote:
> Has anyone out there compiled openbox-3.2 on cygwin? It worked until the
> final step. Below is the command that it failed on and a couple of the
> error messages. It looks like it's not finding the right libraries, but
> I don't know for sure since I'm not an expert on X11.

Got it. The problem was the order of the libraries. Below are the
changes I made to the makefile to get it to compile. Maybe one of the
developers could figure out how to sort this out during configure. I
would, but I don't know how.

$ diff Makefile Makefile.orig
81c81
< LIBS = -lX11 -lXft -lglib-2.0 -lxml2