[openbox] dual-head

Mark Gjøl cyrax at b0rken.dk
Sat Dec 4 10:12:57 EST 2004

John Russell wrote:
>>Mine is that I wish to be able to change desktop on each monitor
>>seperately... So I have mozilla on the left monitor and a couple of
>>things on the right monitor on several desktops...
> Ah good point.  I usually pin an app to the desktop ("all desktops",
> or sticky or whatever its called) for that.

Except if I wish to be able to switch to different desktops on both
displays. No can do.

>>Another point is that it would be nice to be completely 100% certain
>>where a program starts. As it is now there's a high risk of programs
>>starting on the wrong monitor, which is pretty annoying if I'm watching
>>a movie on that one.
> And devilspie takes care of this one.

That would require me to always open certain programs on certain
monitors. Without xinerama I know that if I'm working on the right
monitor my program will start there, and likewise the left...

--
// Mark Gjøl
I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting. But it