[openbox] Sticky dockapps and autorun

Holly Bostick motub at planet.nl
Sat Aug 7 19:59:02 EDT 2004

ivanova wrote:

>On Thu, 05 Aug 2004 10:57:53 +0200
>"Robert Rehammar" <e9ravn at etek.chalmers.se> wrote:
>

>>The other problem is that I whant some stuff to be automatically started
>>when I'm loggin in. ~/.Xsession does not work since I use kdm. I would
>>therefor wish there was some function in openbox for auto-running stuff.
>>

>Try ~/.xsession or ~/.xinit.

Or, open the *.desktop file in a text editor, as root, the way I do (I
use GDM), and edit the "Application=" line at the end to point to
"your_script.sh" instead of /usr/bin/openbox, or whatever it currently says,

My script is called "openboxstart.sh", resides in my home directory, and
starts all the programs I want. I can't use ~/.Xsession either, as it
points to my ROX install, and ~/.xinit is actually a symlink to
~/.Xsession; ~/.xsession is also in use by another WM.

But a "loose" script works fine for me.

Holly