[openbox] GTK 2 question

John Lalla john.lalla at cox.net
Mon Apr 19 09:59:11 EDT 2004

On 19 Apr, Aaron Gyes wrote:
> I've gotten best luck by adding gnome-settings-daemon to my ~/.xinitrc,
> solves this and other issues.
Absolutely! staring gnome-settings-daemon in ~/.xinitrc will not only
standardize your gtk settings but will also load bonobo. This will allow
gnome apps to startup much easier. You can do the same with qt libraries
to give KDE apps a "kick-start" as well, but I can't recall the exact
line to add  - I try to avoid KDE apps as they have become increasingly
bloated over time.
--

John Lalla
Santa Barbara, CA

	         .~.	 _
no gates...     /( )\   /\\     running GNU/Linux
  no windows!   ^^^^^  _\_v        free at last!

"Our capacity for understanding is inversely proportional to how much we
think we know.  The more I know, the more I know I don't know . . . "