[openbox] Focusing and Raising

Ben Jansens ben at orodu.net
Mon Sep 29 12:17:14 EDT 2003

On Mon, Sep 29, 2003 at 05:19:49PM +0200, t3xplri02 at sneakemail.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Would it be much work to separate the delays for focusing and raising
> windows? What's the reasoning behind the design choice to only have one
> setting?

I don't understand why one would want it to focus but not raise, then raise
a short delay later. The idea behind the delay is so that when you move the
mouse over a window quickly it doesnt mess up the staking order, the same
applies to the focus delay, it keeps it from messing up the focus order.
Whatever delay you use for raising is the delay you are expecting before
using the window. Both delays solve the same problem from my eyes. I don't
see why 2 different values would be needed.

Ben