[ANNOUNCE] Openbox-3.0-rc1

Ben Jansens ben at orodu.net
Mon Sep 29 01:47:47 EDT 2003

Hello all!

I am most pleased to be announcing the release of Openbox-3.0-rc1. From the
website:

That's right, ladies and gentlemen, Release Candidate One! This means a
general freeze of config files/options, translatable strings, etc etc. If
lots of bugs come up, we'll see a second release candidate, and if not, a
3.0 stable release.

A quick look at changes since Beta6:

    * The Desktop action can now show the pager dialog
    * Removed the focusLast option yet again in favor of proper focus symantics
      for follows-mouse or not.
    * Added a moveButton option to the dock section of the rc.xml. This
      option can be used to change which mouse button/modifiers are used to
      move dockapps around in the dock.

Releases now come with a proper CHANGELOG; a more detailed change list can
be found in there.

The release is available for download at:
http://openbox.org/releases/openbox-3.0-rc1.tar.gz

Cheers,
Ben