[openbox] focus_fallback() v1.106 cvs change

Mike logan at dct.com
Sat Sep 27 03:30:06 EDT 2003

On Saturday, September 27, 2003 at 02:44AM, Ben Jansens wrote:
>> Actually, after the transient stuff is where I had it in my patch. That
>> kinda falls in with the new transient windows being focused, which is
>> behavior I prefer.
>>
>> I was just hoping to get rid of the !config_focus_last condition. :)
>
>Wouldn't that be exactly equivalent to turning off the focusLast option in
>your config?

Yeah, if I wanted to disable focusLast. :)

Example, focusLast, followMouse enabled. Three windows (Window A, B, C).

Window C is focused. Focus moved to Window A. Window A and Window B overlap, Window A is closed.

The behavior I'd like to see is:
  1) pointer is over Window B, Window B is focused.
  2) pointer is not over Window B, Window C is focused.

Like I said, I don't wanna beat this to death, but I don't see any reason why both can't be used and allow followMouse have first pass during focus_fallback(). Whatever you decide, I had to try... :)

On a related note, do you know anyone that disables focusLast? If not, maybe that's an unnecessary option that could be removed, just keep it as the default behavior.

Thanks,

Mike