(ob3) maximise over dock, switch focus dialog

MXN mxn at timewarp.co.uk
Wed Sep 17 07:06:33 EDT 2003

I understand these issues have been addressed, but I just wanted to
assert my opinion on the mailing list.

Maximise over dock

I don't like the dock causing windows to not maximise fully. The 'fix',
I think, is to make the dock floating and put it where you want it. This
is OK, but consider the following scenario: I use gkrellm with the xmms
plugin. When xmms is active, gkrellm's height changes. If I run gkrellm
in the dock (gkrellm -w), float the dock, and run xmms, gkrellm will
expand so that it doesn't fit on the screen.

Actually setting the float position is an annoying matter of trial and
error, and is resolution dependant, which could prove a problem.

If "maximise over dock" was implemented, I could position the dock in
the BottomRight, and it would expand along with gkrellm as necessary.
Then windows could be maximised to fit the screen nicely.

(I understand this is sheer pedantry, but I'd like to see it :-)

Switch focus dialog

As I understand it, the dialog that appears when you cycle window focus
*only* appears if a modifier is used in the keybind. The dialog isn't
too intrusive, but I like using A-Tab to cycle, and would very much like
to see the option to turn this dialog off re-implemented into ob3.

Cheers.