[openbox] todo for 3.0 final

Ben Jansens ben at orodu.net
Tue Sep 16 00:21:24 EDT 2003

On Mon, Sep 15, 2003 at 05:07:35PM -0500, Robert Upshall wrote:
> This beta stage is kicking along at warp speed so I better throw the few
> things I can think of that maybe may need to be resolved before a final
> version.

Thanks for the input.

> 1. the schema files should be made standard and moved to openbox.org,
> then it should be included in the default menu and rc files.

This would definitely be nice. How would they be included? Can you provide
an example of this?

> 2. ObConf, Desktops tab, cannot remove desktop names less than four

This is actually because the number of names is not intrinsically linked to
the number of desktops. i.e. just because yuo have 2 desktops does not mean
you cannot provide 12 names, and as desktops are added they will acquire the
provided names. This is by design of the ewmh specification.

I am not saying that you should not be able to remove names, just explaining
why it is in its current form. I believe a better solution would be to
provide a second method for removing names from the list, but still keep it
independant of the number of desktops (with the exception that the number of
names will always be >= the number of desktops).

> 3. allergo, artwiz, blah41, om4ob and thebear all have warnings/errors
> acording to themeupdate.py, these should probally be resovled for the
> final release

Thank you for pointing this out. For the record, the "warnings" are not
neccessarily things that need to change in the theme, rather they are simply
notifications to a theme author of new things available to them, which they
may leverage if they desire.

> All of these are minor cosmetic things but probally should be done for a
> final release, once again, great work Ben,

Thanks :)

Ben