[openbox] [ANNOUNCE] Openbox Beta3, ObConf 1.1 released

Marc Wilson msw at cox.net
Mon Sep 15 21:09:13 EDT 2003

On Mon, Sep 15, 2003 at 12:33:19PM -0400, Ben Jansens wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 15, 2003 at 02:48:27PM +0200, Peter Chiocchetti wrote:
> > BUG: the icon does not show up in the gnome panels' client list, as
> > non-generic icons do. can this be done at all?
>
> That would require setting the icon on the window itself, and if the app
> happens to be doing the same, it would be racey and one of us would lose.
> So, no, I don't think so.

Well, you'd WANT the window manager to lose in that case, so there should
be no problem with it.  As for the racey-ness of it, couldn't you set a
timer and wait some interval?

--
 Marc Wilson |     Now I think I just reached the state of HYPERTENSION
 msw at cox.net |     that comes JUST BEFORE you see the TOTAL at the