Pager in Dock (was Re: [openbox] How To Skip Windows in NextWindow/OT Term Emulator Question)

Adam Kessel adam at bostoncoop.net
Fri Oct 31 19:40:05 EST 2003

On Sat, Nov 01, 2003 at 01:28:24AM +0100, Mikael Magnusson wrote:
> 	gtk_window_set_skip_pager_hint(GTK_WINDOW(toplevel),TRUE);
> 	gtk_window_set_skip_taskbar_hint(GTK_WINDOW(toplevel),TRUE);
> +	gtk_window_set_decorated(GTK_WINDOW(toplevel),FALSE);
> +	gtk_window_set_type_hint(GTK_WINDOW(toplevel),GDK_WINDOW_TYPE_HINT_UTILITY);
> +	gtk_window_move(GTK_WINDOW(toplevel),0,595);

While we're on a roll...

The problem with this is that I can't get it to place the pager window in
the "dock" area, which is currently occupied by gkrellm.  I.e., I have
dock set for BottomRight, so gkrellm is in bottom right, but no matter
what value I set for X in gtk_window_move, it won't go past the *left*
border of gkrellm; even though I want it above gkrellm, i.e.:

gtk_window_move(GTK_WINDOW(toplevel),1200,0);

doesn't put it in the top right, but instead about 100 pixels to the left
of the top right.

Is there any way to tell pager to go all the way over to the right?

Thanks again for your help--as you can see, I don't know GTK at all, but
I'm a fast learner. :)
--
Adam Kessel
http://bostoncoop.net/adam