[openbox] focus last

Mike logan at dct.com
Thu Oct 30 19:15:55 EST 2003

On Friday, October 31, 2003 at 12:46AM, Peter Chiocchetti wrote:
>grmbl from userspace...
>
>I was a mouse focus deciple, and I wanted to have, when switching
>desktps, the window right under the mouse to get focus.  now I dont
>know, if that was a good idea.

Is this in response to the 'another focus prob' thread?

At first I don't think I really understood focusLast, but after reading some of these messages, I can see how it could be confusing. I guess it's just a matter of what the user would expect to take priority.. followMouse or focusLast.

I prefer followMouse. The current behavior is the same (or similar) to openbox2. It's handy when closing a bunch of terms on a desktop (^D), and would seem awkward to me if it worked any other way.

I know Ben isn't much for adding a ton of options, but maybe if the majority would prefer the original behavior, a followMouseOverridesFocusLast (or such) could be added? I just don't want to be the reason for everyone's confusion or dislike of how focusLast and followMouse work together.

If the behavior were to be reverted, I'd probably just disable focusLast.. It would take some getting used to, but I could deal with it.

Dunno.. :/