[openbox] kde kicker start bar & openbox3

Marc Wilson msw at cox.net
Fri Oct 24 01:10:12 EDT 2003

On Fri, Oct 24, 2003 at 05:47:08AM -0400, poing wrote:
> but is there any way I can get mplayer fullscreen to work properly
> without having to manually kill kicker?

Mplayer's fullscreen IS working properly.  It's just not doing what you
think it should.  It has a defined order in which it tries various methods
of becoming "fullscreen", and it uses the first one that works.

By default, it tries to set the window ABOVE, then FULLSCREEN.  Since ABOVE
works, it never tries FULLSCREEN.

Add this to your ~/.mplayer/config:

fstype=-above,fullscreen

That will tell mplayer it's not allowed to use ABOVE.

--
 Marc Wilson |     Reporter: "How did you like school when you were
 msw at cox.net |     growing up, Yogi?"  Yogi Berra: "Closed."