[openbox] openbox 3 comments/questions

Corey Wright undefined at pobox.com
Fri Oct 17 08:37:17 EDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-10-17 at 01:29, Ava Arachne Jarvis wrote:
> Being a Debian-ite, I usually prefer to let Debian's menu system take
> care of menus (and configure any individual menu items using ~/.menu/).
> And there already exists a Debian menu script for Openbox3, so... :)

for the benefit of other debian users in the listening audience, could
you mention where such a script can be found?

i did a google search for "openbox3 debian menu script" and didn't find
anything significant on the single page of results.

i compiled the debian source packages from
http://www.hetzi.at/thomas/debian (i run stable with several packages
backported from unstable/testing) and i didn't see it include any
script, and it definitely doesn't put anything into /etc/menu-methods.
i looked in the openbox3 rc tarballs and didn't see anything there
either.

the lack of a menu script kept me from doing anything more than just
building and looking at openbox3.  i finally learned about menumaker
over at xfce.org (my primary desktop), which supports openbox3 (but not
the active menus part; is monitoring and reloading of menu file a
planned feature?), and just started trying to use openbox3 now that i
finally have menus.

thanks for openbox!
undefined at pobox.com