[openbox] [ANNOUNCE] Openbox 3.0 Release Candidate 4 released

Ben Jansens ben at orodu.net
Tue Oct 14 01:46:42 EDT 2003

On Mon, Oct 13, 2003 at 06:37:26PM +0200, Fryderyk Dziarmagowski wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 11:34:27 -0400
> Ben Jansens <ben at orodu.net> wrote:
>
> > Hello all!
> >
> > Now available is the fourth Release Candidate for the fast approaching
> > 3.0
> > release!
> [...]
>
> Hello Ben,
>
> is great to see next rc4 ;)
>
> I'm using openbox3 with GNOME. On right screen side i got docked
> gkrellm, with transparent gnome-panel (vertical, right side too). Till
> now (i mean rc4 ;) gnome-panel was below and gkrellm above panel. This
> nice configuration doesn't work anymore. G-panel is above, even when i
> set in gkrellm "stay on top of other windows of the same type". Is
> there's a way to change this behaviour?

This would seem to be an unintentional side effect from the changes Tim
mentioned with gdesklets. If you could make a bugzilla entry for it we can
go from there. :)

> Last but not least: there are locale files in this release: en at boldquot
> and en at quot. What about glibc localedb compatibility? There's no such
> stuff in localedb.

If localedb a different i18n system. Is that a.k.a. catgets? Openbox is using
gettext for its i18n support, which is a fully functional system, and which
I do not intend to replace. :)

Cheers,
Ben