[openbox] [ANNOUNCE] Openbox 3.0 Release Candidate 4 released

Tim Riley tr at slackzone.org
Mon Oct 13 12:47:05 EDT 2003

El mar, 14-10-2003 a las 02:07, Fryderyk Dziarmagowski escribió:
> On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 11:34:27 -0400
> Ben Jansens <ben at orodu.net> wrote:
>
> > Hello all!
> >
> > Now available is the fourth Release Candidate for the fast approaching
> > 3.0
> > release!
> [...]
>
> Hello Ben,
>
> is great to see next rc4 ;)
>
> I'm using openbox3 with GNOME. On right screen side i got docked
> gkrellm, with transparent gnome-panel (vertical, right side too). Till
> now (i mean rc4 ;) gnome-panel was below and gkrellm above panel. This
> nice configuration doesn't work anymore. G-panel is above, even when i
> set in gkrellm "stay on top of other windows of the same type". Is
> there's a way to change this behaviour?

I quote dear Ben, from his email message with the subject "Re: [openbox]
Openbox-3.0-rc3 and focus of the gnome-panel," which was written on Thu,
9 Oct 2003 23:10:22 -0400.  Let me just go over that again, for
certainty's sake.  Ben wrote an email with a subject containing the then
most current release version, and the word "panel," and he did this only
4 days ago.

Anyway, to continue, he says:

"The CHANGELOG explains this:

* Closed bug #902 (Openbox raises gDesklets when clicked). This has
  the side effect that panels which do not set the ABOVE state (most
  panels curerntly around) will no longer be kept always on top. You
  can set the ABOVE state yourself by using the client menu
  (Alt-RightClick in the default bindings) and selecting the Always
  on top Layer."

> thx & greets

Many thx & greets to you too, and may your children have strong teeth
and the silkiest hair.

- Tim