startup notification from gnome menu

John Russell drjimmy42 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 10 13:32:13 EDT 2003

This is a little strange.  When I start obconf from the command line it
works fine.  When I call gnome-window-properties from the command line
it works fine and launches obconf (which I thought was pretty cool).
However, when I select "Windows" from the Desktop Preferences Menu in
gnome (which seems to just call gnome-window-properties) the startup
notification mousethingy comes up and doesn't go away even after obconf
comes up.

Everything is usable and the mouse works find except that it is now
shaped like a watch for about 30 seconds, presumably when startup
notification times out or something.  Does anyone know what is going on
here?