[openbox] 3rc2 focus prob.

Mike logan at dct.com
Thu Oct 9 12:55:41 EDT 2003

On Thursday, October 09, 2003 at 04:18PM, Mikael Magnusson wrote:
>On Thu, 9 Oct 2003, Tom wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>   Though my prob might be a rc1 thing.  compiled and installed rc2 (
>> btw, thanks good work! ), and my prob is still here.  I use "follow
>> mouse" focus (see below) exclusivly.  So now the problem:
>>     When lowering a window via my configured 'ctl+alt+downarrow' focus
>> "sticks" with the lowered window, not the now "moused" window.  This
>> wasn't a prob pre "rc".
>> Am I missing something?
>
>follow mouse only follows if you do something with the mouse, like moving
>the mouse on top of a window, or lower something by clicking, it doesnt
>change focus if a window is moved under the mouse for some other reason.

Whoops I didn't see this reply, but I disagree that it should stick with the lowered window (or until you do something with the mouse).

The only way you can focus the window is to mouse off, then back in, and with a large, maximized, or fullscreen window, that sucks. Otherwise you'd have to click to focus the window, and that's really not keeping with the "follow mouse"/sloppy-focus scheme.

Certainly not behavior I'd want to see for the duration of openbox3. :P