[openbox] nautilus and openbox3

Bobby R. Cox bcox at pmt.org
Wed Oct 1 13:52:15 EDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-10-01 at 11:37, Ben Jansens wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 03, 2003 at 02:14:39PM -0600, Bobby R. Cox wrote:
> > Has anything changed from beta6 to rc1 that would cause this to not work
> > using my *xmls from one to the other?
>
> Oh, I think I know what it is. When you right click on nautilus, it pops up
> a menu. When it pops up this menu, it grabs the mouse pointer/keyboard. When
> Openbox then goes to pop up its menu, the mouse/keyboard grab fails (since
> nautilus has it) and so the menu isn't shown. In previous releases this just
> ended up with the X server being grabbed indefinitely (basically, a freeze
> up). As such, I suggest you rebind it to the middle mouse button :)
>
> Ben

I guess it's a trade off.  I can now hold on to a window and move it
from desktop to desktop using the mouse bindings DesktopRight/Left :)
which wasn't possible before.

I think I will just use A-Space for the root-menu when I run Nautilus
(every once in a while).  I am too set in my ways ;)

Peace.
--
Bobby R. Cox