[openbox] rc1 ... what happened to menu.xml and rc.xml???????

Robert Upshall rupshall at psasoft.com
Wed Oct 1 12:15:48 EDT 2003

Matthew Graybosch wrote:
> Robert Upshall wrote:
>
>> I think I figured it out, when I use --sysconfdir=/etc on the
>> configure, and "make install prefix=/tmp/pkg/openbox" , the make
>> install does not setup the /etc under /tmp/pkg/openbox, is this a
>> problem with make, or is there another prefix type parm in need to
>> send to make.
>

> Robert, have you tried using "./configure --prefix=/tmp/pkg/openbox"
> instead of setting the prefix at "make install" time?
>
> I'm not sure if it'll help, though, as I now install Openbox via portage
> on Gentoo. >^..^<

It was working fine with the below options until I tried to force the
.xml files into /etc instead of /usr/etc.  These are the configure and
make commands I am useing, should this work?  What am I missing/doing wrong?

./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --with-x
make
make install prefix=/tmp/pkg/openbox

then I move into /tmp/pkg/openbox and create a slackware package

Robert