[openbox] desktop list click-to-switch

Ben Jansens ben at orodu.net
Sat Nov 29 22:09:29 EST 2003

On Sat, Nov 29, 2003 at 12:22:32PM -0500, Ari Pollak wrote:
> I don't know if I've reported this before; if so, I'll do it again.
>
> One thing I really miss about openbox2, and what made it much more
> usable on my laptop with only a trackpoint/touchpad, is the ability to
> just click a desktop name in the Desktops menu and have it switch to
> that desktop, instead of having to click an application name. I'm
> wondering why this functionality was removed, since I can't figure why
> this would be detrimental.

It wasn't removed. Openbox 3 is not based upon or really related to Openbox
2 other than I am the same person and kept the same project name. It just
was not added. Maybe you should try using the keybaord instead of the
touchpad then, since that is generally much nicer to use on a laptop. And
the first item in the menu is the one you were using last too. Convenient
eh?

Ben