[openbox] Dock Level?

corey at streamreel.net corey at streamreel.net
Fri Nov 21 18:52:25 EST 2003

On Sat, Nov 22, 2003 at 03:30:59AM -0500, Ben Jansens wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 21, 2003 at 10:10:25PM -0800, AthlonRob wrote:
<snip>
> Eh the dock sucks anyways it should be a separate app :)

+1

Openbox won't manage backgrounds, but it's decided to manage docks?

Aha!

So it *isn't* just a _window_ manager... it's also a _dock_ manager,
but yet people seem a little put out when someone requests or suggest
that maybe it take over the simple extra feature of background mngmt.

Is this a case of identity crisis? Should the dock app management be
a separate independent component of openbox? Or do we make arbitrary
decisions as to when openbox box is a pure window manager, and when
it does other stuff as well?

I'm just wondering - maybe there should be a small description/statment
of exactly what openbox is and what it isn't/won't be.

Beers,

Corey