[openbox] Background

Ken Clark ken at llamakc.org
Sat Nov 22 07:33:22 EST 2003

The OP questioned why using rootCommand isn't included, correct?

I am glad this functionality is NOT in the new configuration files. I like to
change themes and give them all a try. Now I don't have to worry about
editing the themerc to include MY bg of choice while I test-drive the new
theme.

Setting it ONCE in ~/.xinitrc is quick & easy. If these 20+ users are going
in and editing the rc to use the rootCommand override, what is the issue with
setting it in .xinitrc?

Thanks to the others who added the hacks for setting the bg via the menu. I
like that as an alternative.

--ken

--
GPG: 4EBBD623 2002-10-01 Ken Clark (llamakc) <ken at llamakc.org>