[openbox] Something wrong with menu.xml - but what?

Ben Jansens ben at orodu.net
Mon Nov 17 15:35:13 EST 2003

On Mon, Nov 17, 2003 at 08:21:39PM +0000, Jani Alanko wrote:
> Anyway, the main problem still is that I can't get
> the menus working.
> I edit them manually because I don't have obconf and

ObConf doesn't edit menus.

> I don't have obconf because to get that I would have
> to install more library and header files for which I
> have no other use.

Please stop whining :)

> Here's my ~/.config/openbox/menu.xml (straight
> copy-paste so the indententions propably suck big time):

As much as we all love reading XML for typos, missing brackets, and missing
quotation marks, maybe you should get some syntax highlighting, or read the
errors coming from Openbox regarding the menu, or start from the default
menu and add stuff till you break it, etc.

> Oh, and now that I remember: is there a way to
> prevent maximized programs to go over or under the
> fbpanel?

http://freedesktop.org/Standards/wm-spec/1.3/ar01s05.html#id2768385

Ben