[openbox] sloppy focus?

Peter Chiocchetti pch at myzel.net
Mon Nov 17 09:03:36 EST 2003

On Sun, Nov 16, 2003 at 04:30:54PM +0000, corey at streamreel.net wrote:

>   Have you tried ob3's ffm model on a laptop, with a touchpad, with a
>   very high resolution screen, and small fonts? Trust me, a decent
>   delay is required, as sometimes ( but not always ) it takes a few
>   extra moments to navigate - especialy when interacting with multiple
>   small windows and whatnot. No, I don't think I should just use a
>   lower res and/or a larger font...

I may be starting to see your problem: its not that you want to actually
do something with those windows, that are waiting to get raised;

you want the top window to have focus immediately, and the lower windows
to raise after a delay.  you dont want FFM, you want "raiseUnderMouse".
is it like that?

it makes sense. this behaviour should be feasible without any config
at all. your patch should be some 5 lines at most. but will this mess
with the habits of FFM users? I cannot say, might take me some
testing...

peter