[openbox] Old Menus to the 3.0 syntax?

AthlonRob AthlonRob at axpr.net
Fri Nov 14 19:14:54 EST 2003

On Fri, 2003-11-14 at 16:06, Bartosz Oudekerk wrote:
> AthlonRob said:
>
> > Has anybody come up with a decent menu generator for OpenBox3 yet... or
> > a pain-free way of converting the pre-3 menus over to the new XML
> > syntax?
> >
> AFAIK no. This has been asked before, but I'll forgive you since the archives
> don't have a search function ;-)

Hmmm... I gather I'm not the only one who thought he'd try out OpenBox.
:-)

I looked over the archives, but didn't see any subject lines that seemed
to imply much about the menu file... and they only went back to August.

> Making new menu's from scratch isn't all that hard if you just make use of
> multiple cut buffers.

Well... I'll probably just keep doing what I do with Fluxbox, which is
to just run almost everything from a terminal.  I actually checked out
OpenBox because I ran in to reference in the MenuMaker website, after
looking for a way to import gnome menus into fluxbox.  I installed
gnome-games, but don't know where they went.  <g>

Thanks for the info.... I'll just wait, and wait... and if nothing
appears, I'll look in to doing it myself...

Rob