[openbox] How to avoid raising window when clicking?

Mikael Magnusson mangosoft at comhem.se
Tue Nov 4 19:27:20 EST 2003

On Tue, 4 Nov 2003, Adam Kessel wrote:

> I have the opposite question from yesterday's poster (who wanted to know
> how to click to raise without passing the click to the application).
>
> Is it possible to click in a window without raising the window--i.e.,
> have the click *just* go to the application?
>
> Blackbox worked like this for me.  A window would only be raised if I
> clicked on its frame; otherwise, the window would stay at its current
> level and the click would go to the application only.
>
> I frequently want this behavior when a dialog window pops up from
> something that was supposed to be in the background; when I click on the
> dialog choice in OpenBox, the entire window (including the background
> window) comes forward.

You can basically do whatever you want with openbox, maximizing when you
doubleclick with button two on the close button or shading when you drag
on the titlebar, or something :) Just put whatever actions you want in the
right context as i'm sure you can figure out how to do by looking at the
default config file.

--
Mikael Magnusson