How to avoid raising window when clicking?

Adam Kessel adam at bostoncoop.net
Tue Nov 4 15:06:17 EST 2003

I have the opposite question from yesterday's poster (who wanted to know
how to click to raise without passing the click to the application).

Is it possible to click in a window without raising the window--i.e.,
have the click *just* go to the application?

Blackbox worked like this for me.  A window would only be raised if I
clicked on its frame; otherwise, the window would stay at its current
level and the click would go to the application only.

I frequently want this behavior when a dialog window pops up from
something that was supposed to be in the background; when I click on the
dialog choice in OpenBox, the entire window (including the background
window) comes forward.
--
Adam Kessel
http://bostoncoop.net/adam