[openbox] some problems with rox and openbox

Ben Jansens ben at orodu.net
Thu Mar 27 16:34:08 EST 2003

On Thu, Mar 27, 2003 at 09:55:17PM +0100, Thomas Loescher wrote:

> > I don't think i have anything special, i changed openbox to open the
> > root menu on middle click and disabled the right click menu, so i can
> > use the rox right-click menu.
> > Rox does have some "Window manager problems" options under
> > 'Compatibility', not sure if those could cause your problems, i have all
> > of them turned off.
> >
> hm...
> O.k. it seems, that I should move the menu from the second mousebutton to the third (the third work in the right way,  I tested it now, only the second has the behavior I told in the first post)
>
> But there was a second strnge thing.
> I teste dchanging style in openbox while having rox running and it worked!
> Then I played with the rox settings (I enabled  "ignore wm control over pinboard and panel" in compatibility settings -> don't know why) and after that rox crashed while changing settings. I immediately disabled this checkbox in rox but it continues crashing...
> Strange.. (sometimes I think, that there must be a kind of intelligent life in my computer)
>
> But anyway, thank you for your help the rest of configuration and learning openbox should be done by myself
>  A lst question: does the bbox configuration tools (e.g. whitebox) work together with openbox? especially for menu-configuration and also for the wm settings?

They dont represent all the options in the rc file. But they will work for
editing the menu, as the menu format has not changed. For style editing, I'd
recommend using Stylebox
http://icculus.org/openbox/phpwiki/index.php/OpenboxStyles

Ben
--
I am damn unsatisfied to be killed in this way.

http://www.icculus.org/openbox/