[openbox] patch for NET_WM_STATE_FULLSCREEN support in openbox 2.3

Arwed von Merkatz v.merkatz at gmx.net
Mon Mar 17 05:15:47 EST 2003

On Sun, Mar 16, 2003 at 11:12:20PM -0800, Marc Wilson wrote:
> And having tried the patch, xawtv is still not able to shift screen modes.
> The window DOES maximize now, and the decorations go away, but that's all.
> I think that might be an xawtv-ism, though... it might not shift if it
> finds NETWM.  I tried to read it again and got a headache again.
>
> Also, it looks like the patch tries to take into account the size of the
> window frame, but after it turns off decorations, you can still see the
> root window at the top and the left. :)

That may be sillyness on my part, and the fact that i still don't
understand completely how the code works.
Here are some apps that work with the patch but not without it:
- gthumb (checks for NET_WM_STATE_FULLSCREEN support, if not present uses
  its own fullscreen code, if present just sets the atom)
- galeon/epiphany

--
Arwed v. Merkatz
Grimoire Guru for video