[openbox] OB3 alpha1: entire screen redraws when dragging window?

Ben Jansens ben at orodu.net
Sun Jun 29 23:30:52 EDT 2003

On Sun, Jun 29, 2003 at 07:43:40PM -0400, Matthew Graybosch wrote:
> On Sun, 2003-06-29 at 19:38, Marc Wilson wrote:
>
> > It also seems to make it easy for the mouse to get ahead of what the window
> > manager is doing.  Several times today, I've gone to drag a window, and by
> > the time the server has caught up to the window manager, the mouse pointer
> > has moved well off the title bar.
>
> I've seen that too, both in OB3 and in OB 2.x. It's been harder to do
> with a trackball than with the little nipple mouse that comes with the
> old Toshiba laptops my SO and I use for X terminals.

There's a difference though. In OB2, openbox would grab the first motion
event and move the window based on that, essentially missing one motion. In
OB3, it moves based on where you pressed the mouse. If the cursor is moving
off the window, then that is where Openbox received the press event. I don't
think I can do better than that..

Ben