[openbox] Openbox maximizes windows over Rox pane

Marcelo Ramos mramos at montevideo.com.uy
Sun Jun 29 17:26:12 EDT 2003

El(On) 29/06/2003 (14:01:19), Peter Chiocchetti escribió(wrote):
> On Sat, Jun 28, 2003 at 07:55:50PM -0300, Marcelo Ramos wrote:
> > Hello all. I'm a new Openbox user and I'm really happy using the
> > combination ROX-Filer+Openbox!
>
> rox-filer is the best, isnt it :)

yeah ! :)

> > I want to use Rox panel too but Openbox is maximizing the windows over
> > it.
>
> you made me curious; gnome-panel is good, but there may be
> more or even less to fuel productivity... and I have to try.
>
> so here, rox -b panel behaves like that: when the wm maximises
> a window, this will overlay the panel, but for a one or two
> pixel wide gap at the bottom of the screen.
>
> mousing over this small space will raise the panel, as said on
> the rox list before. I also use debian-unstable, rox 2.0.0
> from the apt-source "deb http://www.hrw.one.pl/apt/ sid/" and
> openbox from cvs (the day before yesterday) which is version
> three, not two.

Yes, I can mouse over the panel and it will raise but it is not the
standar behaviour you see with other panels (fbpanel, gnome-panel,...).

I forgot to say that almost all applications cover the panel (when
maximizing them) *completely*. That is not usable :(

Here a list of apps :

cover the panel completely
--------------------------
xedit
Rox-Filer Window
gnome-calc
xcalc

cover the panel partially
-------------------------
aterm
xterm

Those are some apps I tested.

> this seems to me pretty usable; with openbox2.3 the panel gets
> a title bar! and its like you said. quite ugly. you may try
> the new alpha, that was announced today ;)

I tried the alpha version and it has the same problem.

Regards.

  Marcelo Ramos                  |      \/       __    |
  Debian Sid GNU/Linux 2.4.21    |              |_/    /
  Socio UYLUG Nro 125            |                     \
  Linux registered user #118109  |_____|\/|_____|\______\