[openbox] windows and groups of windows

Ben Jansens ben at orodu.net
Sat Jul 19 15:26:40 EDT 2003

On Wed, Jul 16, 2003 at 10:04:37PM +0200, Peter Chiocchetti wrote:
> hello,
>
> mozilla (firebird) behaves somewhat strange. the story starts
> like this: when a download starts, m. brings up the save as
> dialogue. then m. shows the progress dialogue. now to the
> point:
>
> when there are two/more m. windows open, when the progess
> dialogue closes, the oldest of those m. windows will be raised;

raised? or focused. it should be focused, if the progress dialog was
focused when it closed. I have tried this here and it behaves as I have
described for me.

> which is not necessarily the one, where the download link was.

there is no way provided from mozilla to know which window the download
dialog came from, when it is closed (if it was focused) then focus will be
passed to the window in the same group as it which was last focused before
it.

> with openbox2 m. does not behave like this, so it interferes

No, openbox2 was relatively stupid and unhelpful with focus fallbacks.

> with window grouping in openbox3. I hope to have summarised

Interferes?

> PS: some time ago, I sent to the list an archive with a method
> for documenting the config file. I improved on it a little, so
> if there's interest, just mail.

Sure thing, I meant to reply regarding your last post as well. I'd love to
see it.

Ben