[openbox] openbox3-alpha1 window dragging behavior

Peter Chiocchetti pch at myzel.net
Thu Jul 17 04:28:17 EDT 2003

On Wed, Jul 16, 2003 at 04:13:23PM -0700, Gabe Munoz wrote:

> Essentially, I have to double click a window to drag
> it, the process of clicking once to activate it, then
> clicking to drag so it appears on top of other
> windows.
> I hope I explained this well enough (I think I
> confused myself in the process - lol). Is this the
> intended behavior?

this appears to me, another user, its a feature, not a bug.
quite useful with some applications with lotsa palettes: gimp,
framemaker, sodipodi ea.

in the config file, you can add a line, to make the wm raise
dragged windows:

  <context name="titlebar">
    <mousebind button="Left" action="press">
+      <action name="raise"/>
      <action name="focus"/>
    </mousebind>

lg, peter