How do I specify shadowed text in OB3 themes?

Matthew Graybosch matthew at starbreaker.net
Fri Jul 4 10:06:01 EDT 2003

I'm hacking the ebox theme included with Openbox 3 to use the Bitstream
Vera fonts instead of OB3's default font. I read the Xft tutorial and
know how to specify an Xft font string, but would like to know how to
get the cool shadow effect that OB3 uses with its default font.

Looking at the ebox theme file, I thought that a command formatted like
one of these would give me the shadow effect I wanted:

!*xft.shadow.tint: 100
!*menu.*.xft.shadow.tint: -50
!*xft.flags: shadow
!*title.xft.flags:      shadow

However, using "window.title.xft.flags: shadow" doesn't work, and
neither does "window.title.xftflags: shadow".

What's the correct syntax for specifying shadowed text in OB3 themes?

--
Matthew Graybosch
http://www.starbreaker.net