Menu troubles

Ruslan N. Balkin baron at voices.ru
Wed Jan 29 20:51:24 EST 2003

Greetings!

I first taken a look at openbox about a month ago, subscribed to the
list and just read the messages. I wasn't able to find similar troubles,
and I see that what I get is different from what is documented in
man openbox.

Frst, I installed openbox (prefix=/usr, no more configure switches),
created an entry for my startx script, ran startx openbox -- and all
I've got was a blank screen. No menu by right-clicking (as in
openbox(1)), only nice window decorations.

Also, I don't see at the bottom blackbox-like window, where I was able
to create new workspaces.

If I do strace of openbox3, and then grep resulting file for a string
'menu', I'm getting nothing returned.

Just wondering, what should I do for getting menu to work?
It's late night now, Hoping to get answer when I'll wake up. :)

--
With best wishes, Balkin Ruslan