[openbox] font problem wiith openbox 2.2.3

Ben Jansens ben at orodu.net
Sun Jan 12 01:27:22 EST 2003

On Sun, Jan 12, 2003 at 03:47:20AM +0100, Thomas Piechocki wrote:
> Hi!
> Unfortunately, not all font problems have disappeared yet. The Xft2 support
> works fine and I can change the fonts/sizes as desired but the 'umlauts' in
> the titles of KDE (3.1) applications are still shown wrongly.
> Instead of 'Passw?rter' there stands 'Passw??ter', while in the task list of
> KDE's kicker the word is shown correctly. This problem concerns only KDE
> applications. The 'umlauts' in the title bars of applications of other
> toolkits are shown faultlessly. Fluxbox and Blackbox have no problems in
> their title bars with these 'umlauts' of KDE applications either.
> Any ideas?
>
> Thomas

I just fixed this today possibly. You should try get the latest CVS
version of the 2.2 branch

like the webpage says with minor modifications:
cvs ... login
cvs ... co -r openbox-2_2 openbox

Let me know if the problem is gone in this version. Thanks.

Ben
--
I am damn unsatisfied to be killed in this way.

http://www.icculus.org/openbox/