[openbox] theme suggestion

Dale K Dicks dale_d at telusplanet.net
Sun Aug 31 18:55:12 EDT 2003

I have to agree with the Openbox devs on this one.  I don't think that
the WM should be setting the background.  That is a user task.  IMHO,
the theme is the WM theme, not the background.  I hope that they leave
it as is because the rootCommand function was one of the things I really
disliked about the *box WMs.

On Sun, 2003-08-31 at 12:54, Tomas Hellstr|m wrote:
> On Sun, 31 Aug 2003, Robert Upshall wrote:
>
> [big snip]
>
> > I guess all of this said, I am just wondering if there is a way to make
> > something work for both types of users, standalone and desktop
> > enviroment users.  Maybe something like this directive in the rc3 file:
> >
> > 	<standalone>
> > 		<enabled>yes</enabled>
> > 		<bgcmd>wmsetbg</bgcmd>
> > 	</standalone>
> >
> > I have no idea what might be involved in something like this, I just
> > wanted to throw the idea into the mix.
> >
> > Don't flame me to much,
> > Robert
> >

> This was exactly what I had in mind and it shouldn't be hard to implement.
> However, a lot of people seems to think that the window manager shouldn't
> mess with the background at all, while I personally think that the
> background is the single most important part of a theme (and fonts/colors
> should be set to blend in nicely with the background).
>
> Just my $0.02 :)
>
> /Thomas "Turbofish" Hellstroem
> "At the very least it's perfect and complete"
>

> --
> believed to be clean.
DKD
Calgary, Alberta, Canada