Multi-Display (Was Re: [openbox] Can't get Xinerama to work)

Jeremy Nickurak atrus at rifetech.com
Wed Aug 20 18:23:03 EDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-08-20 at 10:52, Ben Jansens wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 16, 2003 at 09:20:12AM +0200, psi at dhoffryn.merseine.nu wrote:
> > I'm having some problems getting xinerama to work in ob3 alpha 5.
> > For some reason my second monitor stays gray and has that familiar cross
> > as a pointer. I suppose that means openbox isn't handling that screen at all.
> > It's notable that it works perfectly in openbox 2 and also in ion.
>
> As far as I can see you're not using Xinerama, but 2 screens instead.
>
> Ben

As it turns out, this is actually the setup i'm trying to use. Is there
a recommended way of making this work? Running 2 instances of openbox
seems to work allright, except that so far I haven't had any luck
getting my gnome-session to remember both.

--
Jeremy Nickurak -= Email/Jabber: atrus at rifetech.com =-
I would rather spend 10 hours reading someone else's source code than