[openbox] An idea for program name.

Marc Wilson msw at cox.net
Fri Aug 8 01:23:37 EDT 2003

On Wed, Aug 06, 2003 at 08:58:26PM -0700, Aaron Gyes wrote:
> A few months ago in cvs the binary was called openbox3, it was changed I
> suppose because there is no good reason to have openbox 2 on a system.

There's at least one good reason... support for traditional X multi-screen
as well as the Xinerama abortion^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hextension.

I'm in no way ready to switch to ob3 as my operating environment.  I may
never be.  Probably won't, if it doesn't gain click-to-place as a window
management option. :) But I certainly want to play with it, see what it
does and how it does it, etc.

XML.  Brrrr.

Myself, I make sure it's installed somewhere other than where my copy of
ob2 is.  Then when I run Xnest, I just have to remember to start the right
binary.

--
 Marc Wilson |     A prohibitionist is the sort of man one wouldn't care
 msw at cox.net |     to drink with -- even if he drank.  -- H.L. Mencken