Patch: make openbox 2.2.3 work on 64 bit platforms

Mike FABIAN mfabian at suse.de
Thu Apr 3 12:17:28 EST 2003

On 64 bit platforms like x86_64, I had some problem with openbox
2.2.3.

When starting 'epist' or when calling '[restart]' or '[exit]',
openbox ran into an endless loop sucking up all memory.

The attached patch fixes the problem for me.

The patch may not be perfect, it works for me, but I don't know
whether it is absolutely correct.

I checked that it still works fine on 32 bit machines though.

Anyway, 'long' is not the same as 'int' on x86_64, which caused the
problem.

I'm not sure whether this code is still relevant for openbox3, but as
I made this patch anyway already it may be useful for someone if I
post it here.