build stuff

Marius Nita marius at cs.pdx.edu
Thu Sep 19 05:50:38 EDT 2002

we need to do an extra check for xft utf8 stuff in configure.in. i tried, but
i keep getting "symbol XXX not covered by /usr/.../acconfig.h" warnings even
though my check worked fine. i'm no autoheader master, so i don't know wtf. i
noticed that some apps have a local acconfig.h. do we need that? i will look
at it again tomorrow.

this is needed because apparently, there are machines that have
XftDrawString{8,16,32} but do not have XftDrawStringUtf8. So we need to fall
back to 8, probably, when that is the case.

marius