[openbox] New to openbox

Marius Nita marius at cs.pdx.edu
Fri Sep 13 04:02:32 EDT 2002

On Fri, Sep 13, 2002 at 03:44:45PM +0800, d2002xx wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> First, I have some problems with openbox 2.0.0:
>
> - Some fonts listed by xftlsfonts can't work under openbox.
>
> - Auto-raise sometimes switches windows continually. Unless I switch
>   to other workspace or it can't stop.

Heh. damn autoraise.

> And following is my wishes-list:
>
> - Make epist check epistrc automatically.

we have decided against this, simply because it's not needed. you can reload
the rc by issuing a killall -HUP epist. Easy enough.

> - Show the names of iconified windows in the toolbar, or system

this is not likely to ever happen. if you need to see your icons, get a panel
app, such as fspanel (http://www.chatjunkies.org/fspanel/), the gnome2 panel,
kde3 panel, or whatever panel supports NET_WM.

The beauty of ob is that you're not stuck with the builtins. NET_WM support
allows you to use any NET_WM tool with it.

> - Support different themes on different workspaces.

Hmmm

http://icculus.org/openbox/download.php