[openbox] RedHat 8.0

Ben Jansens ben at orodu.net
Tue Oct 29 17:05:22 EST 2002

On Tue, Oct 29, 2002 at 03:30:09PM -0500, Scott Moynes wrote:
> * Ben Jansens (ben at orodu.net) wrote:
> > It doesn't compile? Tried reading the instructions? :) Compiled fine
> > on my debian box.
>
> It compiled on your 4.0 Xfree86?

XFree86 Version 4.2.1 (Debian 4.2.1-3 20021016191246
branden at deadbeast.net) / X Window System

Standard debian install, and yep, compiled just fine.

> > Xft 2 does have a first release version out, with its 'finalized'
> > API.
>
> Funny, I see changes as recent as 2 weeks ago. Not real big ones, but
> from what I've seen keithp saying, the API could still change
> radically. The code in Xfree86 4.2.1, from what I can tell from CVS
> isn't Xft2.

Of course it can..just like the API for any software. Afaik, the code isnt
going to be in Xfree86 at all anymore. So you arent going to see it
there. Its sharing the Xfree cvs site, but thats about it.

> > Switching Openbox to it would definately be nice. Problem is that so
> > few systems have it yet. And I'm not fluent enough in autoconf to make
> > openbox use either at the moment.
>
> If someone really wants it, they can send me a patch, like I said.
>
> Oh yeah, Redhat's Xft2 also has memory leaks in it, so those who care
> should watch for errata.

Ben
--
I am damn unsatisfied to be killed in this way.