[openbox] RedHat 8.0

Scott Moynes smoynes at nexus.carleton.ca
Tue Oct 29 15:30:09 EST 2002

* Ben Jansens (ben at orodu.net) wrote:
> It doesn't compile? Tried reading the instructions? :) Compiled fine
> on my debian box.

It compiled on your 4.0 Xfree86?

> Xft 2 does have a first release version out, with its 'finalized'
> API.

Funny, I see changes as recent as 2 weeks ago. Not real big ones, but
from what I've seen keithp saying, the API could still change
radically. The code in Xfree86 4.2.1, from what I can tell from CVS
isn't Xft2.

> Switching Openbox to it would definately be nice. Problem is that so
> few systems have it yet. And I'm not fluent enough in autoconf to make
> openbox use either at the moment.

If someone really wants it, they can send me a patch, like I said.

Oh yeah, Redhat's Xft2 also has memory leaks in it, so those who care
should watch for errata.
--
Scott Moynes http://www.icculus.org/openbox/
"Computer science is as much about computers